I'm not really good when it comes to cooking, well actually if I put some effort I can come up with some really delicious dishes the problem is I'm too lazy. So cooking doesn't happen that often in my house! But I'm trying to change that so I've been making some quick and easy meals that won't make me feel guilty for eating out all the time and won't take several hours to prepare and clean up!
I was craving hummus and I happened to have some chickpea in the pantry so I looked up ways to make it and it's soooooo incredibly easy and quick! Here is just a simple way to make your own....
1 can of chickpea
3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tea spoon of salt (or more, depends on how salty you like your food)
1/2 tea spoon of black pepper
1 1/2 table spoons of lemon juice
1 small clove of garlic
- First of all try not to cut your finger as I did while opening the can. God i'm suck a disaster!!!
- Drain and rinse the chickpea
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and stir. The reason I did this is because i have a very small blender mainly used for juices, but if you have a cool food processor you can add all the ingredients at once in the blender, no need to stir.
- Everything in the blender
- Remove from blender and voila'! easy right?